Thursday, August 6, 2009

August FIRSTfriday - You are invited!

If you are in town, DO stop in tomorrow for our FIRSTfriday fun. I'll be starting my day by hanging Dave Jenkins featured artwork and trying to figure out where in the heck I am putting all of the refreshments. I keep dragging displays around the stores trying to make some room, ha! I am sure it will all be fine by the time the reception starts. Really I am sure it will.

Betsy, my number one treasure hunter, just returned from a long vacation where she found some really cool goodies! My favorite is the wacky avocado shaped guacamole bowl with matching salt & pepper shakers!

I've been finding the most lovely vintage fabrics to play with, lots of embroidered pieces and vintage style fabrics to put together fun pieces with, like these bags; LOVE the buttons.

A confession: I am a little sad this week because our local elementary school started this last Monday. Why am I sad? Because my kids no longer attend that school! Before you scoff, when do YOUR kids start complaining they are bored? When are you sick of going to the pool? Wouldn't you be thrilled to have a 2 week vacation in October (that's when we used to go to Cape Cod!)? The kids never had summer slump, that lack of learning retention that teachers so love. Teachers stay fresher, so do parents! Or I did. No, now I am just wistfully juggling my calendar because my scheduled help evaporated at the beginning of the summer and I don't feel like I am doing anything with my full attention. Nothing like trying to be at work full time and home full time simultaneously... OK, now I can hear you laughing hysterically and saying "welcome to parenthood!" I know, I know, but is it any wonder I am looking wistfully at those yellow buses driving by?


Posted by Picasa

No comments: