Monday, June 8, 2009

The fine eye of Hazel Brutsche'

There is a reason I don't work Sundays, it has taken me this long to recover from our fun weekend (mostly my feet are KILLING me!). FIRSTfriday of Falls Church brought a nice crowd despite the threatening weather, our in house jewelry repair expert Hazel spent the first hour and a half consulting with clients about their repairs. If you didn't get a chance to come out on Friday do remember that Hazel pops in the shop weekly to pick and drop off custom work so if you have a some work for her to look at, bring it in during our normal shop hours and we will work up an estimate for you.

Other than fixing every broken piece of jewelry in my box, Hazel has earned my unending gratitude by reworking some of my pieces. The necklace at the top had an inadequate clasp. I hadn't worn it for YEARS because it would fall off withing 30 minutes of me getting dressed! the original necklace had a large center bead like a string of pearls (I called it my "June Cleaver on acid" necklace".) Tricky part was I don't wear suits much any more so I mentioned to Hazel that I would love a way to make the strings more wearable. It so happened that Hazel was on her way to a big bead show so she scouted and scored this awesome pendant that really worked well with the malachite.

If you know me you know I tend to wear larger (ok, gigantic) earrings. Hazel also took the bottom drops and worked them into something more lobe worthy! I especially like the green running thought the stone in the bottom photo. As the copper gains patina (and it will as I am NOT a big polisher) the combination looks better and better.

Take a peek in your jewelry box and think, "HHmmmmmm, wonder what Hazel could do with this?"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hazel Brutsche said...

It was my pleasure! Meeting customers in your shop is always delightful and energizing.