Sunday, June 10, 2007

"I get by with a little help from my friends"

No truer words were ever spoken. Seven plus twenty people helped us this weekend. Friday night Laurie and family helped me build display shelves and then we toasted them with champagne! Saturday a crew of six guys from church came to work on our neglected exterior. Sunday, Fran, Beth and Sheila helped unload treasures to the shop. The Barratt's helped me off load my grocery run (AND vacuum up the glass from my clumsiness!) Brian helped Bob with a Home Depot run just in time for Round Two: 15 stalwalt men from Vienna Presbyterian Church who descended onto Pinewood Street and knocked out six months worth of chores in four hours. It was amazing to see. It was heartwarming and humbling to see all of these folks, some who we had never met, take the time on a hot, humid day to help us. Thank you all--

No comments: